** Call For availability **
Vehicle Applications: 2022+ Toyota GR86 (ZN8)
While the 1st gen 86/BRZ and the 2nd gen BRZ coilovers can fit the GR86, the OEM suspension arms between the 2nd gen BRZ and GR86 are different.
The three existing MAX IV GT series becomes the HIPERMAX S starting in 2021. 9 years have passed since the launch of MAX IV GT, and during that time HKS has developed new technologies. It will be a new series that has all three conventional models characteristics, and been evolved by damping force characteristics, durability, and beauty. The HIPERMAX S series offers the best ride so far in HKS suspension history.
HIPERMAX S Technical Features:
We evolved the existing preload valve system to the dual preload valve system to suppress the generation of unnecessary damping force during higher piston speeds. This provides major improvement in ride comfort without affecting the driving performance.
Wide range damping force adjustment mechanism
The improved shape of the Needle jet expands the range of damping force adjustment. This makes is possible to handle driving on a wider range of stages.
Evolution of Bump stop rubber
A new shape of bump stop rubber reduces the body roll and achieves ride comfort at the same time which cannot be achieved with general hydro bump stop rubber.
Low friction technology
With advanced tribology technology, we have achieved even higher durability and lower friction than conventional products. This technology contributes to improved ride quality and handling performance.
Compared to the one-year warranty period of the conventional MAX IV GT series, the HIPERMAX S Series has a three-year warranty due to optimized internal parts and quality improvement.
- Although the suspension design is the same as the 1st gen 86/BRZ and 2nd gen BRZ, the coilover has been re-tuned specifically to enhance the characteristics of the GR86 since the OEM suspension settings are different for each car model.
- After much trial and error in selecting the spring rate, HKS decided to use a newly designed rear spring which is different from the 1st gen 86/BRZ (80300-AT001 F:5.0k, R:5.0k) and 2nd gen BRZ (80300-AF020 F:5.0k, R:6.0k), and set the spring rate at F:5.0k, R:6.5k for the GR86.
- It does not spoil the characteristics of GR 86, which has sharper handling performance than the 2nd gen BRZ.
- The shock absorber with 30 adjustable damping force adjustment dials allows the driver to ride comfortably and smoothly on daily driving with the soft setting, and to enjoy performance driving with the hard setting.
- The test was conducted with the stock 17-inch tires as well as the ADVAN FLEVA (performance summer tire) and ADVAN NEOVA (track day and competition summer tire).
- Highly durable with a three-year warranty by using the latest internal components.